Once I tell you my secret to a quick and yummy meal, it will seem so obvious that you may feel like it is almost too easy to be true. Are you ready? Okay to have a meal in less than 30 minutes all you need is a medium to large pan, a chunk of meat (it’s about palm-sized if you eat 3 meals a day, if you eat less often the chunk of meat may be double or triple the size), a load of veggies, a good cooking fat and some sea salt and lemon pepper. It is as easy as that, if you want to get fancy you can experiment with new spices and herbs. Cooking a tasty meal is as easy as that.
How would I put this into practice?
- Take a pan of your choice (lately I have been using a 12 inch cast iron skillet).
- Turn on the burner to medium heat and add in some cooking fat (butter, tallow, coconut oil) and let it liquify.
- Add the meat and seasonings. Flip every minute for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, add extra cooking fat and your veggies and seasonings of choice.
- Turn down heat to medium-low, cover and let the veggies steam fry, stirring as needed.
- Vola! Yummy and quick meal.
If you want to avoid the stove altogether, then we shall turn to the oven. For this on you will need one deep baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Chicken should take 60-90 minutes depending on it you are cooking part of or the whole chicken.
- Place the chicken in a deep baking pan (whole or pieces.)
- Rub on oil and salt and pepper, there should be extra space for the veggies.
- If you are baking hearty veggies like spaghetti/butternut squash add at the same time as the chicken.
- If you are baking veggies like broccoli or chopped brussel sprouts and them in about halfway through the cooking time (this would be a great time to flip chicken if desired).
- Once finished baking take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool, then dig in. This may take longer, but there is less time actively cooking, just set a timer and enjoy the downtime.